I Imagine that you had won the following prize in a contest: Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. However, the prize has rules. The set of rules are:
1. Everything that you don’t spend during each day will be taken away from you.
2. You may not simply transfer money into some other account and spend it later.
3. You may only spend it today.
4. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400, but only for that day.
5. The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, “Game Over!” It can close your account and you will never receive a new one.
What would you personally do?
You would probably buy anything and everything you ever wanted, right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don’t know, like charities, because you couldn’t possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?
Actually, this game is REAL... You’re living it right now! Shocking??? YES!
Each of us is already the winner of a much bigger and much better prize than money. But many of us don’t realize it.
The prize is TIME!
Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of LIFE, and when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us.
What we haven’t lived up that day is forever lost.
Yesterday is forever gone.
Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time... without warning.
So, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds? Aren’t they worth so much more than the same amount in dollars?
Think about that, and always think of this: Enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.
Here’s wishing you a wonderful, productive and beautiful day. Start “spending” wisely, and perhaps with a slightly different purpose...